I'll be honest, month 5 was a little rough. Started with constipation and ended with a nasty growth spurt, accompanied by teething and the beginning of separation anxiety. Yuck.
Here are the highlights:
-You weigh 18 lbs 9 oz (70th percentile)
-Pretty sure they got your length wrong, because if it was right that would mean that you got shorter. And seeeing that you got to long for all of your PJ's, I know that is not the case. I'm guessing you are around 27.25 to 27.5 inches, because at your 5 month GI appt you were 27 inches long.
-You still wear size 2 diapers, but that is mainly because we are trying to use all that we have left. Size 3's fit you much better, and you have started wearing those at night.
-You wear 6-9 month and some 12 month clothes. Your 6 month clothes are almost all to tight or to short.
-Your reflux is getting much better. You still take daily Prevacid, but you really haven't had one episode of reflux pain all month (HOORAY!!!). You still spit up, but just a little bit. It is dramatically better! I have even taken the bib off of you a couple of times (gasp!)...and you no longer have to wear your towel bib in the carseat :)
-Your bowels are still all over the place. You go from pooping twice a day to skipping 3 days to every other day, ect. You will still only go while you are eating....and its still as frusterating as it was last month.
-You eat every 3-4 hours, 5 times a day. You actually started eating less this month, which worries me, but the MD said we shouldnt be concerned. I'm lucky if I get 25 ounces in you a day.
-We were just given the "go light" to start solids. We have to be very careful and start with the least allergenic foods and only do one food daily for a week before trying another. We were told to skip right over the cereals since they tend to be constipating...and since you are formula fed you dont need the iron that cereals provide. Let the fun of eating begin!
-You sleep like a champ at night...I wake you up at the 12 hour mark. You go to bed around 730 and wake up at 730.
-After your growth sprurt, which happened towards the end of month 5, you became a stellar napper. I mean awesome! You dont need to be rocked anymore, I just lay you in bed, pop in your paci, cover you with our blanket, and you go straight to sleep. Sometimes you cry, but no more than a minute or two. It is great! You take a 1.5 to 2 hour nap in the morning, and a 2 to 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon. Success! I really hope this keeps up!
-You started sitting on your own at the beginning of month 5...but it wasnt pretty. It was mainly a tripod sit and if you moved all all you were on the floor. By 5.5 months, you could sit without your hands for support and play with objects within your base of support. By the end of 5 months, you were a full functioning sitter! You sit, play, reach everywhere...such a big boy!
-Now that you can sit, you take baths in the big bathtub. You love to splash around, but you still hate getting water on your head and face. You FREAK OUT when I run the bath water...I'm talking you squeal and hold onto me for dear life. It's pretty funny. For me.
-You do great in the church nursery on Sunday mornings...or at least they tell me you do.
-I started back to work twice a week, and you started spending the day with our friend Catherine and her little boy Owen. The first day was a little rough. You chose not to sleep much, so by the time we got you the world was starting to fall apart. Lots. of. screaming. And a 630 bedtime. Poor boy. Things are much better now, it was a slow adjustment.
-I've started noticing some seperation anxiety. The MD noticed it too when we went for your check up. At home, I absolutly cannot leave you playing and walk away (even 5 ft) without you absolutly losing it. I have to be right beside you, and if I get up, you want to go to. It makes for long days.
-You love to play with anything that makes noise or rattles. Your new favorite toy is your red ball that rattles...and your vibrating teether.
-You have a love/hate relationship with your jumper. Now we have to pull it over right next to us while you play. Otherwise, lots of crying.
-You are a drooling machine. It's pretty much constant. No teeth yet, but they can't be too far off.
-You LOVE being outside. You like taking walks when the weather is nice..and you LOVE the swing at the neighborhood park!
-You sit in the highchair in restaraunts now...so cute.
-You despise your car seat. This next month we plan to move you up to your new big boy carseat.
-You roll all over the place. I never know where you are going to end up.
I think thats it!


No comments:
Post a Comment